About Frail Care in Durbanville
Treatment in a certified medical facility (approved by the Board of Healthcare Funders) at cheaper rates, with the permission and authorization of your Medical Aid.
Sub-acute care is relatively new and rapidly growing medical care service. It merges the sophisticated technology of a hospital and the efficiency of a skilled nursing facility to reduce the cost of services while maintaining the quality of care. Sub-acute care provides intensive rehab services for patients that no longer require critical care, but are not ready to return home.
Sub-acute is a “step-down” from your typical acute hospital, and we specialise in patient care.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RECEIVING TREATMENT AT DE OUDE RENBAAN?
At our facility, you can recover and receive rehabilitation, in a relaxed and professional atmosphere, with 24-hour nursing care.
WHEN DO I APPLY FOR SUB ACUTE CARE?
- If you underwent an operation, come and recover in a relaxed, professional atmosphere,
- If you’ve had a hip or knee replacement, let us assist you in your rehabilitation process.
- If you have had a stroke, let our multidisciplinary team help you in the aftercare and rehabilitation phase of your recovery.
- If you experience problems with heart failure, kidney failure, dehydration, lung disease, etc.
- If you are in need of wound care.
- If you have been diagnosed with having pneumonia or bronchitis, you can be treated in our well-equipped facility by your GP (admission directly from your home or GP’s rooms with Medical Aid authorisation).